Thursday, February 6, 2014

How You Can Tell If Your 2YO Is A Sociopath

During dinner last night, I was visiting with the girls about what they did at school that day.  Usually, the answer is "nothin'"... when I KNOW that they painted with apples, or played tagged or poured water onto their bed and got sent to timeout.

So, lately, I've been changing the questions to spark their memory.

Me: "Bird, what was your favorite thing you did at school today?"

The Bird:  "I made a heart and colored it.  

Me:  "Oh yea?"

The Bird:  "Yea.  But I didn't get to paint it (quivers lip). Miss Jennifer said I couldn't paint it today.  And I couldn't put stickers on."

Me:  "Oh.  Maybe you can do that tomorrow?"

The Bird:  On the brink of tears... "Maybe."

Me:  "Bean, what was your favorite thing you did at school today?"

The Bean:  Slyly looks over at her sister before announcing "I made a heart AND painted it AND put stickers on."  Continues munching her carrot as though her sister's face isn't melting off right in front of us. 

At this point, not sure if I'm more concerned at the delight that The Bean takes in her sister's misery... or the fact that she COMPLETELY MADE THE WHOLE THING UP.



No comments: