Thursday, June 21, 2012

Conversations With a Two-Year-Old

Because in 20 years, I want to remember some of these conversations. 
-------------------------------------------------------------------

"What's dat, Mommy?"
"Hmmm?"
"Dat!  Wookit!! What's dat?"
"That looks like... a leaf."
"Noooo.  Dat's not a weaf."
"Yes it is.  It's a leaf."
"NO!  It's  NOT a weaf!"
"I think it is.  See?  It's green and..."
"NO!"
"Well what is it, then?"
"IT'S NOT A WEAF!!!"
*Silence*
*And then inspiration*
"Hazel, the sky is blue."
"No.  The sky is not bwue...."

-------------------

Sniff. Sniff. Hmmm.....
"Did you just go poopie?"
Whispers conspiratorially: "No. We don't go poopie in our pull-ups, Mommy."

-------------------

"You are good."
"I good."
"You are kind."
"I kind."
"You are smart."
"I fart."
"Um... no. You are smart."
"I fart."
"Say I am ssssmmmmart."
"I ffffaaarrrttt. I FART! I eat some farties!"

-------------------

"I not a she, Mommy!"
"You're not? What are you?"
"I'm a girl."

-------------------

No comments: