Tuesday, March 27, 2012

How To Lose Your Mind In 10 Minutes

"Hazel, will you please throw that in the garbage?"
"Huh?"
"Please go throw that banana peel in the garbage for Mommy."
"What?"
"The banana peel that you just threw on the floor.  Please pick it up and throw it in the garbage."
"Huh?"
"Hazel... Mommy asked nicely.  Please throw the banana peel in the garbage under the sink."
"What?"
"Are you kidding me with this?"
"Huh?  What?"
"Okay... maybe Millie will throw it in the garbage for me."
"What??"
"Millie!  Will you take this to the garbage for Mommy?"
(thump, thump, thump, thump)
"NO!!!  I wanna trow away!"
"Sorry.  But I asked you 15 times to do it."
"Huh?"
"Yep.  So, now Millie gets to do it."
"What?"
"You heard me. Here you go, Mills."
"No!  MY. BA.NA.NUH. I trow it away!"
(silence while she throws the banana peel away)
"Thank you for being such a good helper."
"What?"
(sigh)
"Maybe next time, you can do it the first time I ask, how about that?"
"Huh?
(another sigh)
(cuz I know what's coming next)
"Can you please go get your shoes for school?"
"Huh?"
"Please get your shoes so we can go see our friends at school?"
"What?"
"Hazel...."
"What's that?"
"That's the lamp."
"What?"
"That's the lamp."
"Huh???"
"Go get your shoes."
"WHAT?????

Is it any wonder I'm late to work every day? 
 
 

3 comments:

Kelly said...

That's funny but really not that funny. Cooper just started doing the same thing, saying 'what' and 'what did you say' ALL THE TIME. It's annoying but yet since he just started doing it I'm a little concerned he may be having trouble hearing, too much wax in his ears.

Sarah L. said...

I think my head just exploded, just from reading that. I can't figure out why you aren't asking them to help you pick your brains up off the floor. More power to ya, mama!

greyhound said...

Bill Cosby on the "Mother's curse" caused children with brain damage. The master.

http://youtu.be/qyMSc97UksM