Friday, May 27, 2011

Millie's Room

Dear Millie,
I just realized that I have never posted pictures of your room.  SHAME ON ME!!!  Believe it or not, we actually had it done before you were born, but I never seemed to have the camera with me and I was so busy being irritable and fat, that I couldn't be bothered.  I knew that I would eventually get to it... just didn't know it would be when you were three months old!  My bad.

Your room was actually our old office space.  Which, prior to that, was where the cat lived.  Let's just say that this room has come a loooonnnnngggg way.  

 The office...

... is now your room!

So... you're gonna notice right off a few things that stand out. One, the furniture doesn't match.  Doesn't even come close to matching.  This is because we scored a free crib from some friends and seriously?  You don't turn down free furniture.  EVER.

 

Then we decided to bring Hazel's old dresser/changing table in, along with Big Ugly.  (Side note:  From day one, you have been intrigued by the flower stickers.  It's incredible to me, but you are absolutely entranced by them every time I change you!)  We also brought in the boogie machine, the diaper genie and your very own brand new humidifier!  I swear by this humidifier.  Best money I've ever spent.

Anyway... the room doesn't match.  It seemed so important for furniture to match when we put together your sisters room.  But that was when we were young, idealistic and had money burning a hole in our pockets.  Back when we could afford luxury items... like food.  Back when we didn't realize that we had enough money to have a second house somewhere.  You know... back before day care sucked every last dime we had hidden underneath the cushions of the couch.

But, I digress.

I found these cute wall decals on Amazon.com, and they were soooo much easier than the ones we put up in Hazel's room.  And way cuter.  And, surprisingly, WAY cheaper.  It's not like you care about them right now, but they're fun for me to look at while you're nursing.  I'm also hoping to get rid of the little heater if and when it finally warms up around here.  But the way things are going, it might not be until July or August!  The sound machine?  I take it back... that's the best thing I've ever spent money on.  I would have paid $1,000 for that thing.  IT'S. THAT. AMAZING.




We're dealing with a much smaller space than your big sister's room, but I think that it works.  It's cozy and the rug that we put down really made a difference.  You don't seem to mind your room and are a big, BIG fan of the lighted carousel.  We use that thing a lot more than we did the first time around.

We're not gonna talk about the door.  Just suffice it to say that it's about as secure as Fort Knox.  Your Daddy assures me of this.  And it's much better than the other door that was there previously.  Plus... we've got a great alarm system.  You can rest easy, baby girl.  I know I do.

Love,
Mama

1 comment:

KC said...

Holy smokes! I haven't seen the finished project!! Way cute!