Sunday, February 20, 2011

Party Of 4

Dear Hazel,
Tonight is your last night as an only child. We spent the night playing and snuggling.  I can't help but get a little teary-eyed and nostalgic when I think about how much your life is going to change and how hard it's going to be for you to adjust. 

Please know that when we had you, we always knew that we wanted you to have a brother or sister.  It's not that you weren't enough for our family.  It's that we love you so much we wanted you to have a sibling.  And we loved that sibling so much (even before we met them) that we knew the best gift we could give her was an older sister like you. 

In short, the two of you will complete our family.  We will soon be a family of four.  And you will soon be a Big Sister.  With all of the responsibilities that come with being the oldest.  Yea... I'm sorry about THAT part.  I know all too well what it's like to be the oldest... what it's like to be the guinea pig.  But, I think that you've got the character to handle it. 

I hope that this change in your world doesn't cause too much stress for you.  And I hope that you love your little sister as much as we love you.  And I hope that the two of you will be best friends and that our little family will be as happy with two as we are with just you! 

Thank you for being such a sweet little girl that we decided we wanted to risk our sanity and have another one. 

Please never forget that we love you and always will. 

Our last night as a family of three.
February 20, 2011

Love, 
Mama

1 comment:

Bruns Family said...

I love it.
So how is Miss Hazel doing now that your little Bean its here?