Sunday, December 16, 2012

Parenting Nuggets

After getting both kiddos haircut on Saturday, we noticed a new BBQ joint next to Great Clips... where kids eat for free on Sundays.  FREE.  Do you understand how much of a slut I am for kids eating free?  I don't have to cook it?  I don't have to clean up after them?  And it doesn't cost me a thing?  BRING ON THE TRANSFATS!!!

So, today after a particularly defiant Bird refusing to nap YET AGAIN, we decided to get out of the house and hit up Dickies... yea, that's the name of the place where the kids eat free on Sundays.

It actually wasn't too bad.  I mean... for BBQ in Utah... where kids eat free.  My friends from the south and Missouri (is Missouri south?  doesn't seem like it is, but whatdoIknow?) would laugh in my face if I called it quality.

But it was... decent.  And again... kids eat free.

And the best part?  Free ice cream cones on top of everything.

That right there?  That's what we in the biz of raising kiddos refer to as a GOLDEN NUGGET.   

I would be remiss if I didn't also mention the ginormous jar of huge pickles sitting on the counter right next to the soft-serve ice cream machine and wafer cone dispenser.  Because I've got many friends who are prego right now and they need to know that there is a place that is made just for them.

Both girls had a great time.  It wasn't too busy, so we didn't feel bad about them running up and down the hallway that led to the bathrooms.  Which led to the inevitable:  "Mommy!  I Hafta Pee!!!" It's what I often refer to as the Chorus of Angst.

And right here is as good a place as any to note that Benny totally got the long end of the stick on this one.  Because when the time comes for The Watching of the Bird Pooping in Public Bathrooms... he gets off scott free.  Things I didn't think about when I was in the pain cave with Hazel when she was a month old.  That's a little nugget of information to all soon-to-be mommy's of little girls.  

And, of course... upon entering the bathroom (and making Hazel throw away her partially eaten boot-shaped chicken nugget)(after she delicately set it on the sink for safekeeping)(while she pooped) I had to harness my gag reflex, flush down the nugget that the previous visitor had left in the bowl, and then wipe down the seat to get rid of the long hairs that had also been left there for us. 

Which led to the following exchange with my oldest:

"Why are you cweaning the potty, Mommy?"

"Because, when you eat at a place called Dickey's... you ALWAYS clean the potty before going potty."


"Oh."


After which, I allowed her to lick ice cream off the table cloth. 

At a place called Dickies. 

No comments: