Thursday, December 2, 2010

Bump Watch - Weeks 26-28

Dear Squirt,
Yea, yea... I know.  Same old story, different day.  Late.  AGAIN.

In my defense... I can't help it!  You're such an easy pregnancy these days!  Sometimes, I even forget to take my acid reflux medication for a couple of days.  And then, of course, I'll eat something spicy and wake up at 1 a.m. and dash to the kitchen for some relief!  I also get to sleep through the night without having to get up half a dozen times to pee.  If I remember correctly, your older sister never allowed me this kind of quality sleep at 6 months prego.  Honestly, if it weren't for my ever expanding belly and the fact that I haven't been able to wear my wedding ring for three months already, I might not realize I was prego.

You are kicking up a storm these days and the other day as I was sitting in the tub, I just sat there and watched my belly jump up and down and move side-to-side.  It was amazing and kinda made me a little sad, just because I'm pretty sure this is my last pregnancy.  Nothing against you, but I'm kinda over the elephant underwear I have to don on every day.

The other night, you had your elbow or something dug into my side and it was so painful that I wanted to cry.  Your Daddy woke up and thought for sure that I was going into labor.  And I knew that all I needed to do was turn over on to my left side and it would be okay, but turning over isn't as easy as it used to be, so I had to have him pull me over.  As soon as I was repositioned, I was fine and went back to sleep.  While your Daddy checked the sheets for amniotic fluid (I found out the next morning) and then laid awake the rest of the night worrying about everything we still haven't done in preparation for you!  Like getting a new door for your room, getting an area rug and a rocking chair, decorating your walls, buying a dresser/changing table, going through all of our bags of clothes to find newborn stuff, find the bottles... and you know, just getting ready for you in general.  Physically, mentally, emotionally.  And that's not even counting trying to explain to Hazel that she's only going to be the center of our attention for a few more months.  That's probably not going to go over so well!!

It snowed here last week... before I was able to put out the Christmas decorations.  I'm hoping that I can get them out this weekend sometime, but it looks like there won't be lights on the house this year, since I don't dare get up on the roof with you, and your Daddy... well, let's just say that he may be the toughest and strongest man in the world, but he's only tough and strong with his feet firmly planted on the ground.  No heights for him. 

You're still super low in my tummy.  Which is nice because I'm not having the breathing (snoring) problems like I did with Hazel, but it turns out that the lower you are, the harder it is for my shirts and pants to fit.  And sometimes, there's a bit of a gap between the two.  And then you Daddy tells me I'm not allowed to wear a particular outfit to work... I assume it's because I look like I have a beer belly?... and I have to remind him that I'm behind a desk 90% of the time, and the other 10% I can just pull my pants up and deal with it.

I know that I haven't posted much about the progression of our pregnancy this time around, Squirt.  This has nothing to do with our level of excitement of your joining our family.  It has to do with Mommy being super lazy.  And tired.  Even though I get a TON of sleep every night (going to bed at 8:30 is HEAVEN), people keep telling me I look tired.  I guess it's from cooking a baby and trying to keep up with a toddler that just wants to GO. ALL. THE. TIME.

Anyway, please know that we are so thrilled by your pending arrival and can't wait to meet you.  We love you sooooo much already and are excited for you to join and complete our little family.

26 Weeks... before the snow fell!


No comments: